It is currently November 20th, 2019, 4:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]

Piute Travel Plan Meeting-TONIGHT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Piute Travel Plan Meeting-TONIGHT
PostPosted: October 7th, 2010, 8:01 am 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

Sorry for the late notice, but I hope some Billy Goats can attend the Forest Service Meeting Tonight 10/7 at the Oddflellows Lodge in Kernville at 6pm
This is a very important meeting to help keep the Piute roads and trails open to motorized use and public access.
You can read about it below and if you need more information please contact me Chris Horgan at 760 223-2366
There will be a Rally BBQ starting at 2pm in Circle Park in Kernville put on by some Piute Property Owners.

The Sequoia National Forest is asking the public to participate in a collaborative process to assist in the development of a Travel Management Plan for the Piute Mountains.
The Forest Service will host three evening meetings over the next few months. The meetings are currently scheduled for October 7, October 14, and November 9, 2010, in the Lake Isabella/Kernville area. An on-site field trip to the Piute Mountains area may also be scheduled for Saturday, October 16, 2010.

The first meeting will be held on October 7, 2010, at the Kernville Odd Fellows Hall at 50 Tobias Street, Kernville, CA, from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Subsequent meeting dates and potential field trips will be discussed at this first meeting.

The travel management planning process for the Piute Mountains was put on hold after the Piute Fire burned through the area in July 2008 to allow this area to recover. The Forest Service is now reinitiating the process by organizing a stakeholder group to collaboratively develop a mutually acceptable proposal for the forest transportation system in the Piute Mountains.

If you are interested in being an active participant of the working group, or would like to learn more about the Piute Mountains Travel Management Planning Process, please plan to attend the initial meeting.

Thanks

Chris Horgan
Stewards of the Sequoia
~Together We Can Keep Our Trails Open~

Post subject: Re: Piute Travel Plan Meeting-TONIGHT
PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 6:00 pm 
Dirt/Rocks are my Crack

crap...i was up there today i would have stayed and whent to it :banghead:

Post subject: Re: Piute Travel Plan Meeting-TONIGHT
PostPosted: November 7th, 2010, 6:53 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

We continue to have good turnouts of people in favor or keeping roads & trails open.
We have been asking that all roads and trails remain open and so far the consensus is that should be the starting point and each trail will then be analyzed to ensure it meets a laws & regulations. We will be looking at ways to mitigate any concerns and keep any trails with concerns open too if possible.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]