It is currently August 22nd, 2019, 2:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]

Finally got a new rig.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Finally got a new rig.
PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 12:29 pm 
I work to support my 4X4!

After a long long time of looking on craigslist i have finally found what i set out to get a Land Cruiser. Drove her back from Moorpark Ca, inspected her and there is no rock rash underneath, that will change soon.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Finally got a new rig.
PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 12:48 pm 
My bones have been replaced with sticks and rocks!

heard from the grapevine that your gonna sell it :lol:

2000 JEEP WRANGLER TJ

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 12:55 pm 

Shhhhhh! Thats what i told the wife, hell no i aint selling it. Shes in great shape and is big enough to have my boys in there with enough room to spare. Just got to get her trail worthy

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 2:01 pm 
My 4X4 owns me!

Awesome Victor!!!!

PostPosted: June 9th, 2014, 4:33 pm 
Addicted to 4X4

Another Toyota! :Thumb: :Thumb:

PostPosted: June 12th, 2014, 6:44 am 

That thing is cool, and those can be found on the cheap. I 'd wheel and DD the shiz out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some boom toys here and there too.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2014, 2:04 pm 
Offroad Prophet

Hope she lets you keep it :stirPot: :lol3:

PostPosted: June 25th, 2014, 3:22 pm 

Well the Land Cruiser needs some work. New distributor the one on there is corroded to hell, new igniter module luckily for me you can find used Denso's on Ebay for pretty damn cheap compared to what everyone here in bakersfield wanted. The cheapest new one was about 240.00 used one the place that did have one wanted nearly 160 i purchased 2 off ebay for 25 bucks. And while im there new coil, new spark plug cables and new bosch platinum/iridium plugs. It will all be put in on saturday i sure hope that is all that it needs. Finger Crossed :Thumb:

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 10:28 am 

I know its been a while, buuut ARB dualie compressor is in, onboard air with 3/8 goodyear hose all around. ARB lockers are in, ordering the solid pinion spacers for both front and rear. From what I have been reading the stock crush sleeve is a no go for hard driving and will eventually cause a failure.

I do have a question hopefully someone can chime in. The steering is very hard, at first i thought well power steering pump. Purchased and installed a power steering pump they purged the system and did it according to the book, but no difference whatsoever. Now i am reading that people have had to adjust the power steering gearbox is this correct? I have a lot of play on the steering wheel, they checked all of the components and nothing has any play on it. Need some advice i dont want to keep replacing parts that are not causing any issue.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 10:52 am 
Dirt/Rocks are my Crack

If there is a lot of play it couldn't hurt to adjust the steering box. if it is really stiff and hard to steer even with all that play the steering box may be worn out. I would try adjusting before either pulling it apart or replacing the box.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 12:27 pm 
Offroad Prophet

VICTORG93307 wrote:
I know its been a while, buuut ARB dualie compressor is in, onboard air with 3/8 goodyear hose all around. ARB lockers are in, ordering the solid pinion spacers for both front and rear. From what I have been reading the stock crush sleeve is a no go for hard driving and will eventually cause a failure.

I do have a question hopefully someone can chime in. The steering is very hard, at first i thought well power steering pump. Purchased and installed a power steering pump they purged the system and did it according to the book, but no difference whatsoever. Now i am reading that people have had to adjust the power steering gearbox is this correct? I have a lot of play on the steering wheel, they checked all of the components and nothing has any play on it. Need some advice i dont want to keep replacing parts that are not causing any issue.

Curtis has been through two band-new Toyota power steering pumps, new lines, and 1 new power steering gear in his 97' FJZ80. This is all in a period of 1 year. It has been a reliable car in general, just plagued with steering issues and parts for these things are 5 times more expensive than Jeep parts.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 12:54 pm 

Chris do you suggest to go with hydro assist steering instead of fracking around with all this bullshit? It is not my daily driver it will be dedicated to wheeling.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2015, 1:01 pm 

Toy4xchris wrote:
If there is a lot of play it couldn't hurt to adjust the steering box. if it is really stiff and hard to steer even with all that play the steering box may be worn out. I would try adjusting before either pulling it apart or replacing the box.

As far as play goes im thinking about an inch total, 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch up and down play. The rig does have 250000 miles on her. Do you know of anyone that would be able to rebuild the damn thing?

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2015, 7:30 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

That looks awesome!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]