It is currently October 22nd, 2019, 1:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]

Remembrance for Brad Cornman aka abendx

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Remembrance for Brad Cornman aka abendx
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2015, 1:20 pm 
My bones have been replaced with sticks and rocks!

If anyone would like to pay there respects please feel free to join us

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2000 JEEP WRANGLER TJ

Post subject: Re: Remembrance for Brad Cornman aka abendx
PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 12:35 pm 
Addicted to 4X4

i havent been on the site in a long time. what happened?

PostPosted: February 24th, 2015, 3:28 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

ToyCrawler wrote:
i havent been on the site in a long time. what happened?

Brad Cornman’s memorial:

It was a very nice get together. We filled the large home of Dave and Leina who held the event. Eric & Judy opened their front deck and bar for the overflow directly across the street. Everyone behaved and no police where called in. Sorry Brad, we know that would have made you proud to have had the police called in.

It was a good opportunity to say good bye to a friend who everyone felt at times was an ass, overtly obnoxious, ridiculously vulgar, quick to temper, argued for the sake of argument and would have you want to punch him in the face, which made him feel as though he won. But if you ever needed a friend he was the guy you called.

Brad, you son of a bitch you are missed, hopefully when I see you next god would have polished your edges and we can sit as we once did enjoying fine scotch and Cuban cigars.

Eric & Judy
Everyone is invited to add their name to this goodbye.

Everyone is invited to add their name to this goodbye.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2015, 10:57 am 
Offroad Prophet

Olympic 4x4 Products wrote:
It was a good opportunity to say good bye to a friend who everyone felt at times was an ass, overtly obnoxious, ridiculously vulgar, quick to temper, argued for the sake of argument and would have you want to punch him in the face, which made him feel as though he won. But if you ever needed a friend he was the guy you called.

NAILED IT :lol3: :lol3: :stirPot:

I first met Brad in 2008. He was a member at Jeep Forum, and later a member of JKforum and JKO. He owned a CJ before he bought his JK in 2009. When we finally met in person for a run up Rower Trail, Brad and I instantly hit it off; We were both from Huntington Beach, went to some of the same schools, same age group, both Libertarians, both non-religious, both surfers, both former motorcycle enthusiast who had accidents, we both loved to party, both liked to talk shit, both had a martial arts background, both loved the outdoors, both liked to push the limits, and we both were avid followers of current events and how they fit in a historical context. Brad and I talked or did something almost every weekend, when we weren't fighting with each other :lol3: . At least once a month, Brad and I would meet at BC109, wheel for a little bit, shoot some guns, then solve all of the world's problems over a cold beer. Brad spent many long nights at my house and was absolutely loved by my children; they were always excited when B-Rad was coming over.

When I first brought Brad into this club in early 2009, the WHOLE club was pissed off at me. After his first big run with the club at Calico, most members were on the verge of either killing him or quitting the club if he stayed :lol3: . Then he started wars between IOR and three other clubs, even threatening them with the prospect of a gang of armed rednecks coming down from Bakersfield to beat their asses :lol3: . Then he pissed off most of our club sponsors by posting all over the internet that their products were crap. He was personally entertained by sabotaging the Oxnard M&Gs. Then there was the constant drama over club leadership, when he appointed himself HMFIC :lol3: . Brad loved drama, and the more you fed him, the worse it got. My email was always full of comments from people complaining about something Brad was doing; my canned response was "tell him yourself" :thefinger: .

But over time, everyone "got" Brad for the most part and learned not to take his antics seriously. We saw the side of Brad that was extremely generous and playful. Brad would unquestionably help out almost anyone that needed it. He gave away tens of thousands of dollars in parts to people that really needed them, would be the first one in your garage turning wrenches with you when you needed help, and always had your back when the shit hit the fan. Brad always had room on his couch for anyone passing through Oxnard. Even though Brad had little patience for most adults, he loved children and was surprisingly patient and understanding with them. We learned that he was bitterly loyal to his friends (often too loyal to the point where he would try to interject in your business). We came to realize that time spent with Brad was going to be an interesting adventure, no matter what the outcome. There is not one time that IOR members get together that does not include stories of Brad. Like him or hate him, you were never going to forget him. Some called him "B-Rad", some called him "the little stoner", and some affectionately referred to him as "THE Asshole". If you knew him, he was undoubtedly among the top 5 most interesting people you had ever met.

If you had any form of long-long term relationship with Brad, you understood that there was going to be periods in your friendship where you did not get along well. Regrettably, Brad and I were not getting along when he passed.

B-rad wheeled hard on the trail and lived every day like it was his last. We never expected his last day would come so quickly.

RIP B-Rad

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]