Re: BC109.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: BC109.
PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 9:23 am 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

desert dog wrote:
csquared wrote:
The sierra club tells the forestry service what areas are where vehicles are not allowed. the Group that adopts the trail goes out WITH the forestry ranger and becomes educated on what areas are in and out of limits.

So you are basically getting your information from the Sierra Club, which is a organization you claim to not trust, then call everyone else stupid for not for taking their word with a grain of salt. FYI, the FS ROUTINELY closes trails at the request of the Sierra Club that turn out to not be in wilderness areas (Kern Plateau for example). You kind of entered this debate looking not so good so far.

csquared wrote:
has anyone ever seen "snaggletooth" trail on a forestry map??? Most likely not.. why? because it was made and named by the uneducated 4x4ing community.

Typical condescending dribble, not unlike what comes from the mouths of tofu eating Sierra Club members. I cant stand it when a newbie joins a club and gets a high and mighty attitude toward other wheelers. If the off-road community is so stupid, than what are you? FYI; the uneducated folks at the CI4x4 club named it "Sanaggletooth", and the uneducated folks with the Frazier Mt Club have called it "Oil-Pan Alley" since before you even thought about getting a 4x4. All the other toothless degenerates that lack your superior off-road knowledge call it "one of those BC109 trails".

csquared wrote:
go to the every end of dome springs, and drop into the wash where "snaggletooth" begins and look 75 yards across the wash, they would see a WILDERNESS area sign that was already in place
Sorry to give you this little bit of edumacation, but if you go to dome springs, drop in the wash and run that wash as far east as you can - you are still outside the wilderness area. The wilderness boundary runs along the north of that wash (where you saw the fence). I have GPS data of that part of the trail right now as I ran it with my GPS on a about 4 months ago SPECIFICALLY to see how far it is from the Boundary. If you guys blocked that off, that is also outside of the wilderness area. I will have lots of Data for you guys on Monday, from 2 GPS units and 3 top software mapping programs.

If it does indeed run outside the Wilderness boundary, then Mr. Lopez, you can educate us on what to do next.

Thanks for clarifying my thoughts.

First and fore most i am put in the position where i have to come off with an attitude because i can't stand when someone comes out of left field and bashes our 4x4 club when we did nothing but follow instructions from that of the forest ranger that helped us adopt the trail to keep it open, clean and safe.

I am all for keeping trails open. as part of Corva i sign petitions that they send out to help keep trails open. I am in no way in full support of the sierra club. Do i believe they go over board at times?? yes... do i believe more land should be opened for us to explore?? you bet.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 10:11 am 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

I have attached a copy of the map as I promised in the post I submitted yesterday, which was not approved and allowed on the board for some reason. If you look at the highlighted line, that is the area that was closed. The ____ . ____ line represents the wilderness boundary, and as you can see the wash is on the line.

Adendx - The other question I have been asking has still not been answered. I would like to know what other bad thing you are accusing our group of doing. I am not asking you to tell me the name of the person that you heard the rumors from. It just seems to me if you are going to keep saying that we are awful horrible people you should have something to back that u p with.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 10:16 am 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

Not too far off topic;
It was actually given the name "Snaggletooth" after the trail ate two M/T's and a very special little Girl lost her tooth.
This little Angel smiled at me and I said "That's it! We'll call the trail Snaggletooth." This was on September 15, 2009 and has since been called by that name on our site which ultimately went viral as far as what it was called.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 4:37 pm 
Offroad Prophet

Blue52, Sunbonnet is a fun little trail, but wayyyy too easy for a wheel-off. Cant wait to get back to JV again!

Abendx, the BLM just passed a law against nude driving/riding in JV (no joke!), so you are out of luck on that; http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/cdd/cdd_ ... ntary.html

So, your distraction tactic can not be legally employed anymore :lol3:

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 4:56 pm 
Offroad Prophet

desert dog wrote:
Blue52, Sunbonnet is a fun little trail. Cant wait to get back to JV this fall!

Abendx, the BLM just passed a law against nude driving/riding in JV (no joke!), so you are out of luck on that

Kat.... check your PM box. I have answered your questions to the best of my ability at this point in time.

Yes... JV is going to be too hot at this point in the Summer, even for a naked hood riding contest. Wait.... what is this that you claim? No more naked hood riding in JV? Okay... that is out as far as I am concerned. Back to square one... Pacific View Mall. Someone will just have to run interference for me if the rent-a-cops show up... I have been banned from wheeling that mall. I guess my lines are not hardcore enough for some soccer moms?

PostPosted: July 1st, 2010, 5:00 pm 
Offroad Prophet

Follow up.....

From the link DESERT DOG provided, there is still hope to have this Wheel Off at the Johnson Valley Mall.

The following rules apply on public lands administered by the BLM California Desert District unless explicitly authorized by a permit or other authorization document issued by the BLM:

1. Public nudity is prohibited at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.

Seems if they get a special permit, I might reconsider doing this.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2010, 7:19 pm 
Offroad Prophet

CI4X4 wrote:
It was actually given the name "Snaggletooth" after the trail ate two M/T's and a very special little Girl lost her tooth.
This little Angel smiled at me and I said "That's it! We'll call the trail Snaggletooth."

That is an awesome story! I always wondered why you guys named a run "snaggletooth" :lol3: Thanks for sharing.

And it is very clear that the wilderness boundary is the north side of that wash (called snaggletooth by all of the stupid uneducated offroaders according to someone at VC4WDC). The posted map clearly shows the wilderness area right above the wash. There is a fence that runs north of the bank of that wash that says "Wilderness Area". So, is the clearly marked fence the boundary? Or is the center of the wash itself the boundary? And, if the center of the wash itself is the boundary, that would mean that the southern half of the wash is not wilderness? Am I wrong? Off-roaders are just running the wash, not breaking through the fence on the other side of the wash and "trailblazing" in the wilderness area. Every off-roader I know is respectful of marked wilderness boundaries.

Its cool that ya'll decided to adopt a trail and I commend you guys for cleaning up the campground, and for you love of wheeling. But being that this area is sandwiched between wilderness areas, you probably should have taken notice from the dozens of other local clubs that decided to keep this area off the radar for the past 30 years.

I didn't mean for this thread to turn into such a shitshow; Abendx is a shit-talker, I hate trail closures, and a couple others were just grabbing people from other forums and bringing them here to stir drama.

The first storm that comes through will wash away the sign and the barrier that was put up, and hopefully this thread will be concluded.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2010, 6:50 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

desert dog wrote:
CI4X4 wrote:
This little Angel smiled at me and I said "That's it! We'll call the trail Snaggletooth."

That is an awesome story! I always wondered why you guys named a run "snaggletooth" :lol3: Thanks for sharing.

It is a cute story, and what is even cuter is the Little girl the trail was partially named after. She is one tough kid, a huge Jeep and trail lover... and has one of the biggest hearts of any kid I know. :Thumb:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 83 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4