It is currently October 22nd, 2019, 12:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]

Budget amounts from OHV Division

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Budget amounts from OHV Division
PostPosted: March 4th, 2011, 10:12 am 
Dirt/Rocks are my Crack

I got this in an eamil from Amy Granat. She is the Resource consultant for CA4WD.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I was waiting to hear more details, but it appears the the legislature is going to pass a budget that includes taking money from the OHV Division of State Parks. So far, the amounts are: $5 million from the Operations side of the Division, and $5 million from the Grants budget.

This does not include $21 million from the money held in reserves for acquisitions that the Governor had already announced he was going to take.

We don't yet know whether this is loan, in which case it would be a one-time event, or a take, which could turn into an ongoing, yearly event.

Various organization and individuals are very angry about this, and are taking lawsuit. At this point, since we are short on details, there is a limit to what the attorneys can determine, but I have no doubt that there will be much more talk about lawsuits in the near future. We also don't know how this will affect operations at the SVRAs, but it is bound to result in either shorter hours, less staff, or both. As soon as I get more details, I will pass them on.

Amy

This is not good for us.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]