It is currently July 16th, 2019, 6:46 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]

BC109

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: BC109
PostPosted: July 25th, 2010, 7:45 pm 
Offroad Prophet

Went up there today to do a little wheeling and shoot some guns.

The trail that is before dome springs that I was told was closed, is in fact closed. The sign states that it is closed for soil and vegetation preservation. Here is a pic of that sign;
Attachment:
Untitled 0 00 03-15.jpg

The trail just above dome springs that skirts the wilderness area is the one that was closed by VC4WD I believe.
Attachment:
Untitled 0 00 00-01.jpg

Lots of graffiti on the rocks, and even on the log that you guys drug across the trail! Pathetic punks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: BC109
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 1:25 pm 
Man I'm on here a lot!

is it worth even going there anymore? :cry:

my webshots--------> http://community.webshots.com/user/califsaintsfan?vhost=community

my youtube------------> http://www.youtube.com/user/casaintsfan

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 2:24 pm 
Offroad Prophet

casaintsfan wrote:

Since you can not run the main wash north of Dome springs anymore (where the difficult stuff was), and now you can't run these two trails that were closed anymore, its going to be pretty boring now. Not a good place for group runs anymore.

But there are still a few fun obstacles to play on in the lower wash, and mixed in with a day of shooting and the nicer temperatures of the mountains, makes it worth it to me (as long as the gang-banger punks from LA don't take it over).

Attachment:
Untitled 0 00 22-11.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 9:24 pm 
Offroad Prophet

Agreed.... the Sierra Club and it's lackeys have basically closed the trail.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 4:50 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, i've been lurking, I'm Ed and I'm also with VC4WD. We did in fact dig the hole and post the sign in the wash just north of dome springs which is either in the Chumash wilderness or the border for it depending on which map you look at, and we also posted one other sign on the road leading definetly into the wilderness area, and then one other sign where there was already a barricade that people were ignoring but, we did not post that first sign you show in your picture or put up any fences.
I looked at quite a few maps and the wash that goes north east from above dome springs is in (or on like I said above depending on the map) The Chumash wilderness. If you have anything to dispute this please forward it to me, as we will be up there in August for more clean-up (more campground improvements and trash pick-up is what we're supposed to do). We can also bring up the closure of the lower trail (again we had nothing to do with that one as far as I know) and hopefully get that reopened if it indeed should not have closed. If anything was closed and should not have been i'll do what I can to rectify it. I may go up there myself in the next few weekends to check it out the other "improvements" so I can have a better idea personally before I start flinging anymore mud with an open mouth.
Thanks,

Ed

Edhash@gmail.com

PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 6:41 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

desert dog wrote:
casaintsfan wrote:

Since you can not run the main wash north of Dome springs anymore (where the difficult stuff was), and now you can't run these two trails that were closed anymore, its going to be pretty boring now. Not a good place for group runs anymore.

But there are still a few fun obstacles to play on in the lower wash, and mixed in with a day of shooting and the nicer temperatures of the mountains, makes it worth it to me (as long as the gang-banger punks from LA don't take it over).

Attachment:
Untitled 0 00 22-11.jpg

people were never actually supposed to wheel the wash just north of dome springs to begin with. that's the wash that goes into the wilderness. the main wash that you can take from the road that goes back to the "Y" the left side of the "Y" being the main wash and the right side of the "Y" being the wash north of dome springs.

i agree that the north wash is pretty sick... lots of cool shit back there.. but sadly its already part of chumash wilderness..

PostPosted: July 30th, 2010, 6:46 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

and you think the taggin is bad on the rocks?? you should have seen it when we went up there... they tagged almost every tree through dome springs, tagged the bathroom, tables etc. we tried to remove it all as best as we could... we're going back out in a month of so to remove all the tagging on the rocks. trying to keep all the dirt as clean as we can..

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 8:50 am 
Offroad Prophet

Yeah... no matter what disagreement we all have on the whole closing trails / Sierra Club bullshit, the desecration via spray paint is pretty sad.

I posted this in the other thread and it has me wondering:

About 50 feet from "Snaggletooth" was a wilderness sign and fence. Interesting thing was that the fence seemed to skirt "Snaggletooth," not cross it.... from looking at the maps, it looks like the "Snaggletooth" wash was the boundary line to the wilderness, not a part of it. I can't be positive of this as we didn't go beyond the posted signs, but do not recall any fences crossing the wash from before this wash was closed.... yet vaguely recall a fence on the north crest of the wash.... if that is correct, the wash is just outside of the wilderness.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2010, 8:27 pm 
I'm New Don't Hurt me

abendx wrote:
Yeah... no matter what disagreement we all have on the whole closing trails / Sierra Club bullshit, the desecration via spray paint is pretty sad.

I posted this in the other thread and it has me wondering:

About 50 feet from "Snaggletooth" was a wilderness sign and fence. Interesting thing was that the fence seemed to skirt "Snaggletooth," not cross it.... from looking at the maps, it looks like the "Snaggletooth" wash was the boundary line to the wilderness, not a part of it. I can't be positive of this as we didn't go beyond the posted signs, but do not recall any fences crossing the wash from before this wash was closed.... yet vaguely recall a fence on the north crest of the wash.... if that is correct, the wash is just outside of the wilderness.

you're def right about that.. there is a fence on the north side of dome springs. If you go through dome springs and drop into the wash on the north side, there is a fence just about 50ft further north of the wash.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]